Kagayaki Aogami Super Custom Damascus Series knife is forged by Master Yamamoto, a talented and passionate forge-smith who is based in Takefu City, Fukui Prefecture.
Master Yamamoto's custom hammer forging process brings out the maximum potential of the Japan's premier quality Carbon Steel Aogami Super core blade steel (HRc. 63-64), which is clad with a beautiful Damascus laminate, which is made with alternating layers of Aogami Super steel and soft iron.
The high quality handles are made with red sandalwood and a black pakkawood ferrule, their comfortable octagonal shape allows a precision grip and provides authentic Japanese styling.
The Gyuto is the Japanese version of the classic Western Chef’s knife. It can be used with a variety of different cutting techniques to achieve a wide range of kitchen tasks and is suitable for cutting the vast majority of meats, fish, vegetables and fruits. The Gyuto is true multi-purpose knife.
Knife Model: JCK Original Kagayaki Aogami Super Custom Damascus Series Wa Gyuto
Blade Material: Aogami Super Damascus
Rockwell Hardness (HRc): 63 to 64
Blade Grind and Edge Shape: Double Bevel Edge 50/50
Handle Material: Octagon Shaped Red-Sandalwood Handle with black pakkawood ferrule
Saya Included: No.
Wa Gyuto 210mm (8.2")
Cutting edge length: 215mm
Total Length: 375mm
Blade Thickness: 3.5mm
Blade Width: 49mm
Total Weight: 163g
Wa Gyuto 240mm (9.4")
Cutting edge length: 245mm
Total Length: 405mm
Blade Thickness: 3.5mm
Blade Width: 51mm
Handle Length: 140mm
Total Weight: 195g
This knife comes with 50/50 double bevel edge geometry for both right and left handed use.
For your information, Japanese Kitchen knives are generally designed for right hand use with a slightly thicker and rounded grinding on the right side blade and a less rounded (almost straight flat) grinding on the left side blade. However, both right and left hander can use the knives that have double bevel edge sharpened 50/50 without problems.
We believe the quality and cutting performance of Japanese knives are the best in the world, and hope you enjoy fine craftsmanship and sharp edge with your new knife. With proper cares, every Japanese knife should be your special cooking partner for long times.
This is the Carbon steel blade kitchen knife that can get rust and discolor easily, and requires extra care and attention to prevent rust.
- Please do not put the knife in the dishwasher machine for cleaning.
- Please do not leave the knife in water or wet condition for long time.
- *After using, please hand wash the blade, bolster and handle thoroughly, and wipe it clean and dry with soft clothes. Please apply Tsubaki oil on the blade and keep it in dry place.
- This is an extremely sharp knife. Please use special cares in using and storing it.
- Unlike German made knives, Japanese knife blades are ground to thin cutting edge for sharper cutting and easier re-sharpening. Please protect the edge from hitting hard materials to avoid chipping or cracking.
- Please do not use it to cut bone or frozen foods, any hard shell foods such as lobster and crab.
- We recommend using Japanese whetstones to re-sharpen the knife, when it gets dull.