The Tenmi Jyuraku Gingami No.3 Knife is Master Nagao’s highest grade of stainless steel kitchen knife. The entire blade is made of solid Hitachi Gingami No.3 stainless steel - which is just as popular as VG-10 stainless steel – and is perfect for users that desire not only edge retention similar to a high carbon steel blade, but also a low maintenance blade with very good rust-resistance. Gingami No.3 contains high levels of Carbon (0.95- 1.10 %) and high Chromium (13.00 -14.50 %) and is hardened to HRc. 59- 60 for the knife.
This knife features full tang construction, a stainless steel bolster and black Pakka Wood (Resin stabilized wood composite) handle scales. This provides a comfortable, secure grip and good blade balance.
The Gyuto is the Japanese version of the classic Western Chef’s knife. It can be used with a variety of different cutting techniques to achieve a wide range of kitchen tasks and is suitable for cutting the vast majority of meats, fish, vegetables and fruits. The Gyuto is true multi-purpose knife.
Knife Model: Hiromoto Gingami No.3 Gyuto
Blade Material: Gingami No.3
Rockwell Hardness (HRc): 59 to 60
Blade Grind and Edge Shape: Double Bevel Edge 70/30
Handle Material: Black Pakka Wood Handle with Stainless Steel Bolster
Saya Included: No.
Gyuto 270mm (10.6”)
Cutting edge length: 270mm
Total Length: 398mm
Blade Thickness: 2.1mm
Blade Width: 54mm
Handle Length: 128mm
Total Weight: 240g
Master Craftsman modifies edge shape and bevel for left hand use by hand sharpening process at the following additional cost:
Petty + US$6
Santoku, Gyuto, Sujihiki + $10
Left handed versions are normally in stock for immediate shipping. However, when it became out of stock, please allow 3 to 6 days for shipping.
For your information, many of the Japanese Kitchen knives come originally with double bevel edge sharpened 70/30 (face side/back side) for Western style knives. This geometry came from Japanese Traditional knives with single bevel edge and Shinogi blade construction. This is one of the special features and reasons why Japanese knives have an excellent cutting performance.
However, this 70/30 edge geometry is designed for right hand use, so we have a service to modify it to 30/70 for left handed users with re-sharpening process by skilled craftsman.
We believe quality and performance of Japanese knives are best in the world and hope you enjoy fine craftsmanship and spirits from your new knife. With proper cares, every Japanese knives can be your special cooking partner for long time.
This is the Stainless steel blade kitchen knife which has good rust resistance for easy maintenance. However even stainless steel blade kitchen knife has rust situation if you leave it with wet condition.
- Before starting to use the knife, please wash it with water for cleaning up.
- Please do not put this knife in the dishwasher, please hand wash.
- Please do not leave this knife in water or wet condition for long time.
- After using, please hand wash it and wipe it clean and dry with soft clothes. (Includes bolster and handle part)
- This is an extremely sharp knife. Please use special cares in using and storing it.
- Unlike German made knives, Japanese knife blades are ground to thin cutting edge for sharper cutting and easier re-sharpening. Please protect the edge from hitting hard materials to avoid chipping or cracking.
- Please do not use it to cut bone or frozen foods, hard foods such as lobster and crab which have hard surface.
- We recommend re-sharpening the knife using Japanese whetstones, when it gets dull.