Ichiro Hattori is now 78 years old and has over 55 years of knife making history and experience. Our company has enjoyed working with this special craftsman since 1980’s and we are always proud and pleased to introduce Hattori high quality standard, excellent fit&finish and high performance knives.
Many of our customers already know and appreciate his finest craftsmanship, so it is everyone's dream to own and use the legendary famous and high quality Hattori premium knife.
Hattori's high mirror polished VG-10 Yanagiba. Its cutting edge core is made of VG-10 forge layered with soft stainless steel. Rust resistance, high cutting performance, and excellent quality. Perfect quality, excellent fit&finish... This is the ultimate masterpiece that can be made by only the finest craftsman.
Yanagiba knife is primarily used to slice boneless fish fillets for Sashimi and Sushi dishes, but they can also be used to fillet small to medium-sized fish and are often used for skinning fish. The narrow blade and relatively acute edge angle of the Yanagiba are features which greatly reduce the effort required to cut through ingredients. As with the Sujihiki, the long blade allows the fish to be cut in one single drawing motion, from heel to tip.
The combination of cutting technique, acute blade angle, and sharp edge result in very little cellular damage in the cut surface. This is particularly important for dishes where the fish is eaten raw, because it helps to preserve the original flavor and texture of the fish.
Knife Model: Hattori VG-10 Yanagiha
Blade Material: VG-10 Stainless Steel
Rockwell Hardness (HRc): 60 to 62
Blade Grind and Edge Shape: Single Bevel Edge
Handle Material: Octagon Shaped Magnolia Wooden Handle with Water Buffalo Horn Ferrule
Saya Included: Yes.
Yanagiba 300mm (11.8")
Cutting edge length: 290mm
Total Length: 455mm
Blade Thickness: 3.4mm
Blade Width: 36mm
Handle Length: 145mm
Total Weight: 200g
Yanagiba 330mm (12.9")
Cutting edge length: 315mm
Total Length: 485mm
Blade Thickness: 3.4mm
Blade Width: 37mm
Handle Length: 153mm
Total Weight: 218g
We believe quality and performance of Japanese knives are best in the world and hope you enjoy fine craftsmanship and spirits from your new knife. With proper cares, every Japanese knives can be your special cooking partner for long time.
This is the Stainless steel blade kitchen knife which has good rust resistance for easy maintenance. However even stainless steel blade kitchen knife has rust situation if you leave it with wet condition.
- Before starting to use the knife, please wash it with water for cleaning up.
- Please do not put this knife in the dishwasher, please hand wash.
- Please do not leave this knife in water or wet condition for long time.
- After using, please hand wash it and wipe it clean and dry with soft clothes. (Includes bolster and handle part)
- This is an extremely sharp knife. Please use special cares in using and storing it.
- Unlike German made knives, Japanese knife blades are ground to thin cutting edge for sharper cutting and easier re-sharpening. Please protect the edge from hitting hard materials to avoid chipping or cracking.
- Please do not use it to cut bone or frozen foods, hard foods such as lobster and crab which have hard surface.
- We recommend re-sharpening the knife using Japanese whetstones, when it gets dull.