Premium Maker Hattori's masterpiece of VG-10 Damascus Kitchen Knife. Traditional technology has combined with modern material for high cutting performance. Its blade is made of VG-10 core cutting edge forged with 63 layered Nickel Damascus stainless steel. VG10 is the newly developed High Carbon (0.95 to1.05%) Molybdenum (0.90 to1.20%) and Vanadium (0.10 to 0.30%) stainless steel plus 1.30 to 1.50% Cobalt added to increase strength. Rockwell hardness 60 to 61 HRC.
The beautiful Damascus blade is hand engraved with Ichiro Hattori name in Kanji and permanently welded with stainless steel bolster. Full tang black Pakkawood handle with three stainless steel rivets.
The Nakiri is a double bevel edged knife that is rectangular in profile and has a tall, thin blade. It is popular throughout Japan and is often used by home cooks for quickly and efficiently chopping, slicing or mincing vegetables and fruit. It is becoming increasingly popular with vegetarians.
Knife Model: Hattori HD Series Nakiri
Blade Material: VG-10 Nickel Damascus Stainless Steel
Rockwell Hardness (HRc): 60 to 61
Blade Grind and Edge Shape: Double Bevel Edge 50/50
Handle Material: Black Pakka Wood Handle with Stainless Steel Bolster
Saya Included: No.
Nakiri 165mm (9.4")
Cutting edge length: 165mm
Total Length: 290mm
Blade Thickness: 3mm
Blade Width: 45mm
Handle Length: 115mm
Total Weight: 206g
This knife comes with 50/50 double bevel edge geometry for both right and left hand use.
For your information, Japanese Kitchen knives are generally designed for right hand use with a slightly thicker and rounded grinding on the right side blade and a less rounded (almost straight flat) grinding on the left side blade. However, both right and left hander can use the knives that have double bevel edge sharpened 50/50 without problems.
We believe the quality and cutting performance of Japanese knives are the best in the world, and hope you enjoy fine craftsmanship and sharp edge with your new knife. With proper cares, every Japanese knife should be your special cooking partner for long times.
This is the Stainless steel blade kitchen knife that has a good rust resistance for easy maintenance. However, it may get rust, if kept in wet condition.
- Please do not put the knife in the dishwasher machine for cleaning.
- Please do not leave the knife in water or wet condition for long time.
- After using, please hand wash the blade, bolster and handle thoroughly, and wipe it clean and dry with soft clothes, and keep it in dry place.
- This is an extremely sharp knife. Please use special cares in using and storing it.
- Unlike German made knives, Japanese knife blades are ground to thin cutting edge for sharper cutting and easier re-sharpening. Please protect the edge from hitting hard materials to avoid chipping or cracking.
- Please do not use it to cut bone or frozen foods, any hard shell foods such as lobster and crab.
- We recommend using Japanese whetstones to re-sharpen the knife, when it gets dull.