After years of the collaborative work with the Knife Forums "In the Kitchen" members and the premier knife maker, Mr.Ichiro Hattori, we are proud to introduce our first JCK Original, FH Series Hattori / Forums high end Chef's knives.
Hattori FH Series knife is produced in very small batches to ensure a high level of quality and performance. Every detail in design and manufacture has been taken into consideration from the special heat treat process, to the hand contoured handle and to the balance, ergonomics and profile of each knife.
The blade is made of VG-10 Cobalt Steel (HRC60 to 61). Even though it is simple appearance, we can feel the Hattori’s detailed works high level of craftsmanship from finely hand sharpened and polished blade.
The Gyuto is the Japanese version of the classic Western Chef’s knife. It can be used with a variety of different cutting techniques to achieve a wide range of kitchen tasks and is suitable for cutting the vast majority of meats, fish, vegetables and fruits. The Gyuto is true multi-purpose knife.
Knife Model: Hattori Forums FH Series Wa Gyuto
Blade Material: VG-10 Stainless Steel
Rockwell Hardness (HRc): 60 to 61
Blade Grind and Edge Shape: Double Bevel Edge 50/50
Handle Material: Magnolia Wooden Handle with Water Buffalo Horn Ferrule
Saya Included: Yes.
Wa Gyuto 270mm (10.6")
Cutting edge length: 270mm
Total Length: 427mm
Blade Thickness: 2.4mm
Blade Width: 52mm
Handle Length: 147mm
Total Weight: 170g
This knife comes with 50/50 double bevel edge geometry for both right and left handed use.
For your information, Japanese Kitchen knives are generally designed for right hand use with a slightly thicker and rounded grinding on the right side blade and a less rounded (almost straight flat) grinding on the left side blade. However, both right and left hander can use the knives that have double bevel edge sharpened 50/50 without problems.
We believe the quality and cutting performance of Japanese knives are the best in the world, and hope you enjoy fine craftsmanship and sharp edge with your new knife. With proper cares, every Japanese knife should be your special cooking partner for long times.
This is the Stainless steel blade kitchen knife that has a good rust resistance for easy maintenance. However, it may get rust, if kept in wet condition.
- Please do not put the knife in the dishwasher machine for cleaning.
- Please do not leave the knife in water or wet condition for long time.
- After using, please hand wash the blade, bolster and handle thoroughly, and wipe it clean and dry with soft clothes, and keep it in dry place.
- This is an extremely sharp knife. Please use special cares in using and storing it.
- Unlike German made knives, Japanese knife blades are ground to thin cutting edge for sharper cutting and easier re-sharpening. Please protect the edge from hitting hard materials to avoid chipping or cracking.
- Please do not use it to cut bone or frozen foods, any hard shell foods such as lobster and crab.
- We recommend using Japanese whetstones to re-sharpen the knife, when it gets dull.