Our JCK Original Fu-Rin-Ka-Zan brand of Japanese traditional-style knives are hand forged and hand sharpened by top-ranking forge-smiths, sharpeners and craftsmen in Sakai City, Osaka.
They take exceptional care to ensure that every single detail of their knives is correct, from the initial forging to the final sharpening, the fit and finish of these knives is outstanding.
This is the special order made Fu-Rin-Ka-Zan Limited Model, Honyaki Gingami No.3 Deba and available with limited quantity.
Gingami No.3 is a high-grade Japanese stainless cutlery steel for the cutting performance and edge retention similar to high carbon steels, but improved resistance to corrosion.
The ‘one-piece’ blade construction of the Honayki knife is handcrafted using processes which are similar to those used in Japanese sword making, such as the Tsuchi-Oki process.
The combination of cutting technique, acute blade angle, and sharp edge result in very little cellular damage in the cut surface. This is particularly important for dishes where the fish is eaten raw, because it helps to preserve the original flavor and texture of the fish.
The Japanese Deba, which is also called the Hon-deba (Literally, “true deba"), is traditionally used to clean and fillet whole fish, but it is also commonly used for breaking down and dressing poultry and other meat with small bones. The significant weight of the Deba is desirable because, with adequate care, the sturdy heel section of the knife can be used to cut or chop through the bones found in small and medium-sized fish and poultry.
Knife Model: JCK Original Fu-Rin-Ka-Zan Limited, Honyaki Gingami No.3 Deba
Blade Material: Honyaki Gingami No.3
Rockwell Hardness (HRc):
Blade Grind and Edge Shape: Single Bevel Edge
Handle Material: Octagon Shaped Ebony Wooden Handle with Water Buffalo Horn Ferrule
Saya Included: Yes.
Deba 195mm (7.6")
Cutting edge length: 200mm
Blade Thickness: 7.2mm
Blade Width: 58mm
Total Weight: 389g
Japanese Traditional Style “Wa-Bocho” knives generally come with Single bevel edge for right handed use (the opposite side of blade is ground flat with slightly concaved shape). The reverse grinding left handed version is also available at 50% extra of regular price. (Sorry for much extra! Due to a small demand for the left handed version in Japan, it is costly to run a special small production from the beginning step). We try to keep the left handed versions in stock, but once sold out, it may take 30 to 45 days for delivery. Please contact us first for the availability at email.
We believe the quality and cutting performance of Japanese knives are the best in the world, and hope you enjoy fine craftsmanship and sharp edge with your new knife. With proper cares, every Japanese knife should be your special cooking partner for long times.
This is the Stainless steel blade kitchen knife that has a good rust resistance for easy maintenance. However, it may get rust, if kept in wet condition.
- Please do not put the knife in the dishwasher machine for cleaning.
- Please do not leave the knife in water or wet condition for long time.
- After using, please hand wash the blade, bolster and handle thoroughly, and wipe it clean and dry with soft clothes, and keep it in dry place.
- This is an extremely sharp knife. Please use special cares in using and storing it.
- Unlike German made knives, Japanese knife blades are ground to thin cutting edge for sharper cutting and easier re-sharpening. Please protect the edge from hitting hard materials to avoid chipping or cracking.
- Please do not use it to cut bone or frozen foods, any hard shell foods such as lobster and crab.
- We recommend using Japanese whetstones to re-sharpen the knife, when it gets dull.