Our JCK Original Fu-Rin-Ka-Zan brand of Japanese traditional-style knives are hand forged and hand sharpened by top-ranking forge-smiths, sharpeners and craftsmen in Sakai City, Osaka.
They take exceptional care to ensure that every single detail of their knives is correct, from the initial forging to the final sharpening, the fit and finish of these knives is outstanding.
This is the special order made Fu-Rin-Ka-Zan Limited Model and available with limited quantity. Perfectly mirror polished Blue Steel No.2 Hon Kasumi Sakimaru Takohiki with Octagon Shaped Magnolia Wooden Handle and suitable Magnolia Wooden Saya.
Blue Steel No.2 is a reliable Japanese high carbon steel that is often used for high-grade Japanese traditional-style knives due to the cutting performance, edge retention and ease of re-sharpening. Hon Kasumi finished which means the experienced craftsmen’s time-consuming hand sharpening and hand finishing process.
The Sakimaru Takohiki is a variation of the Yanagiba and Takohiki, and is used for much the same purposes. Sakimaru Takohiki are easily identifiable by their blade tips, which look similar to that of a Katana. Their blades have a straight spine similar to the Takohiki, and a slightly curved edge like the Yanagiba, resulting in a knife which looks somewhat like a combination of the two.
Knife Model: JCK Original Fu-Rin-Ka-Zan Limited, Blue Steel No.2 Hon Kasumi Sakimaru Takohiki (Perfectly Mirror Polished on Face side of blade)
Blade Material: Blue Steel No.2
Rockwell Hardness (HRc): 62 to 63
Blade Grind and Edge Shape: Single Bevel Edge
Handle Material: Octagon Shaped Magnolia Wooden Handle with Water Buffalo Horn Ferrule
Saya Included: Yes.
Sakimaru Takohiki 300mm (11.8")
Cutting edge length: 280mm
Blade Thickness: 3.2mm
Blade Width: 32mm
Total Weight: 172g
Japanese Traditional Style “Wa-Bocho” knives generally come with Single bevel edge for right handed use (the opposite side of blade is ground flat with slightly concaved shape). The reverse grinding left handed version is also available at 50% extra of regular price. (Sorry for much extra! Due to a small demand for the left handed version in Japan, it is costly to run a special small production from the beginning step). We try to keep the left handed versions in stock, but once sold out, it may take 30 to 45 days for delivery. Please contact us first for the availability at email.
We believe the quality and cutting performance of Japanese knives are the best in the world, and hope you enjoy fine craftsmanship and sharp edge with your new knife. With proper cares, every Japanese knife should be your special cooking partner for long times.
This is the Carbon steel blade kitchen knife that can get rust and discolor easily, and requires extra care and attention to prevent rust.
- Please do not put the knife in the dishwasher machine for cleaning.
- Please do not leave the knife in water or wet condition for long time.
- After using, please hand wash the blade, bolster and handle thoroughly, and wipe it clean and dry with soft clothes. Please apply Tsubaki oil on the blade and keep it in dry place.
- This is an extremely sharp knife. Please use special cares in using and storing it.
- Unlike German made knives, Japanese knife blades are ground to thin cutting edge for sharper cutting and easier re-sharpening. Please protect the edge from hitting hard materials to avoid chipping or cracking.
- Please do not use it to cut bone or frozen foods, any hard shell foods such as lobster and crab.
- We recommend using Japanese whetstones to re-sharpen the knife, when it gets dull.