Kurouchi (“Black-forged”) blades are a true reflection of authentic Japanese tastes and historic Japanese forging traditions. Unlike the neat appearance of a polished blade, Kurouchi blades have the honest appearance and ‘soul’ of a traditionally forged knife.
Very pure and popular Japanese Carbon steel “White Steel No.2 core of Unique Kurouchi blade makes excellent cutting performance and ease of re-sharpening.
This knife comes with the matching D-Shaped Red-Sandal Wooden Handle with Black Pakka Wood Ferrules.
A mainstay of professional Western kitchens, the Petty knife is a small general-purpose knife used for peeling, shaping, and slicing fruits and vegetables, chopping herbs, and making garnishes. The compact size and relatively narrow blade of the Petty knife mean that it is very nimble and controllable, thus it is ideal for making precise cuts.
Knife Model: JCK Original Fu-Rin-Ka-Zan Kurouchi White Steel No.2 Series Wa Petty
Blade Material: White Steel No.2
Rockwell Hardness (HRc): 60 to 61
Blade Grind and Edge Shape: Double Bevel Edge 50/50
Handle Material: D-Shaped Red-Sandal Wooden Handle with Black Pakka Wood Ferrules
Saya Included: No.
Wa Petty 150mm (5.9")
Cutting edge length: 155mm
Total Length: 285mm
Blade Thickness: 2.4mm
Blade Width: 28mm
Handle Length: 120mm
Total Weight: 76g
This knife comes with 50/50 double bevel edge geometry for both right and left handed use.
For your information, Japanese Kitchen knives are generally designed for right hand use with a slightly thicker and rounded grinding on the right side blade and a less rounded (almost straight flat) grinding on the left side blade. However, both right and left hander can use the knives that have double bevel edge sharpened 50/50 without problems.
We believe the quality and cutting performance of Japanese knives are the best in the world, and hope you enjoy fine craftsmanship and sharp edge with your new knife. With proper cares, every Japanese knife should be your special cooking partner for long times.
This is the Carbon steel blade kitchen knife that can get rust and discolor easily, and requires extra care and attention to prevent rust.
- Please do not put the knife in the dishwasher machine for cleaning.
- Please do not leave the knife in water or wet condition for long time.
- After using, please hand wash the blade, bolster and handle thoroughly, and wipe it clean and dry with soft clothes. Please apply Tsubaki oil on the blade and keep it in dry place.
- This is an extremely sharp knife. Please use special cares in using and storing it.
- Unlike German made knives, Japanese knife blades are ground to thin cutting edge for sharper cutting and easier re-sharpening. Please protect the edge from hitting hard materials to avoid chipping or cracking.
- Please do not use it to cut bone or frozen foods, any hard shell foods such as lobster and crab.
- We recommend using Japanese whetstones to re-sharpen the knife, when it gets dull.