This Limited Edition Takeshi Saji Custom R-2 Diamond Damascus Katana Slicer was designed by JCK and produced in Collaboration with Master Saji. It is a special "one-of-a-kind" limited edition custom knife, with a beautiful gemstone handle.
Master Saji has now been making knives for over 40 years and has become highly experienced in his art.
The R-2 Powdered Metallurgy High Speed Tool Steel bade has a unique ‘random Damascus’ pattern, which Master Saji calls “Diamond Damascus”. It is handcrafted using a complex series of forging processes and undergoes a specially formulated acid etching and polishing process. When combined, these techniques produce a unique Damascus blade, which has an uneven surface texture that sparkles beautifully, like a cluster of cut diamonds.
The Turquoise Gemstone Handle has a beautiful appearance and to ensure that it can be gripped comfortably, it has been carefully contoured and polished by hand. A decorative Mosaic Pin secures the handles scales and a stainless steel bolster has been fitted to improve the durability and blade balance of the knife. This special, "one-of-a-kind" Custom Limited Edition knife from Master Saji is only available as 1Pc - Order now to avoid disappointment!
The Katana Slicer is easily identifiable by its angular blade tip, which looks similar to that of a Japanese Katana. The long, narrow blade of Katana slicer is particularly useful for slicing meat (Either raw, or cooked roast beef, ham etc.) and boneless fish fillets. The long blade allows the meat, or fish, to be cut in one single drawing motion, from heel to tip.
Knife Model: Custom Limited Edition, Takeshi Saji R-2 Diamond Damascus Katana Slicer 270mm
Blade Material: R-2 Nickel Diamond Damascus
Rockwell Hardness (HRc): 62 to 63
Blade Grind and Edge Shape: Double Bevel Edge 50/50
Handle Material: Turquoise Gem Stone Handle with Stainless Steel Bolster
Saya Included: No.
Katana Slicer 270mm (10.6")
Cutting edge length: 270mm
Total Length: 410mm
Blade Thickness: 2.4mm
Blade Width: 44mm
Handle Length: 121mm
Total Weight: 290g
This knife comes with 50/50 double bevel edge geometry for both right and left handed use.
For your information, Japanese Kitchen knives are generally designed for right hand use with a slightly thicker and rounded grinding on the right side blade and a less rounded (almost straight flat) grinding on the left side blade. However, both right and left hander can use the knives that have double bevel edge sharpened 50/50 without problems.
We believe the quality and cutting performance of Japanese knives are the best in the world, and hope you enjoy fine craftsmanship and sharp edge with your new knife. With proper cares, every Japanese knife should be your special cooking partner for long times.
This is the Powdered High Speed Tool Steel blade kitchen knife that has a rust resistance for easy maintenance. However, it may get rust, if kept in wet condition.
- Please do not put the knife in the dishwasher machine for cleaning.
- Please do not leave the knife in water or wet condition for long time.
- After using, please hand wash the blade, bolster and handle thoroughly, and wipe it clean and dry with soft clothes, and keep it in dry place.
- This is an extremely sharp knife. Please use special cares in using and storing it.
- Unlike German made knives, Japanese knife blades are ground to thin cutting edge for sharper cutting and easier re-sharpening. Please protect the edge from hitting hard materials to avoid chipping or cracking.
- Please do not use it to cut bone or frozen foods, any hard shell foods such as lobster and crab..
- We recommend using Japanese whetstones to re-sharpen the knife, when it gets dull.