This is the Custom Limited Edition and result of Collaborative works with Custom Handle Maker for making one of a kinds, Custom Limited Edition Sukenari Gingami No.3 Nickel Damascus Wa Gyuto knife.
With the over 80 years of knife making history and specialized technical experience, Sukenari is very enthusiastic about producing knives which take advantage of the new generation of stainless cutlery steels and high performance tool steels.
The number of professional Chefs and home cooks that prefer the rust-resistance and ease of maintenance offered by stainless steel kitchen knives is growing every year. To meet these demands, Sukenari decided to produce a high-grade stainless steel kitchen knives with popular and reliable Hitachi Gingami No.3 Japanese stainless steel.
This beautiful Damascus Wa Gyuto is forged and hand crafted by passionate forge-smith Sukenari using Gingami No.3 steel (HRC 62).
Special mirror-polishing and finishing processes create a high contrast and finer Damascus layered pattern, with shiny layers of stainless steel and white-colored layers of nickel steel.
This Custom Limited Edition Sukenari Gingami No.3 Nickel Damascus Wa Gyuto knife is fitted with an Custom Hand-Made Octagonal Stabilized Maple Burl Wood Handle (Avonite Ferrule & Endcap; Nickel Silver Spacers).
For safekeeping, this knife comes with a matching Black (Lacquered) Wooden Saya ("Sheath") and a black pakkawood Saya pin.
This knife comes packaged in an elegant wooden presentation box that is secured with woven fabric ties / straps.
The Gyuto is the Japanese version of the classic Western Chef’s knife. It can be used with a variety of different cutting techniques to achieve a wide range of kitchen tasks and is suitable for cutting the vast majority of meats, fish, vegetables and fruits. The Gyuto is true multi-purpose knife.
Knife Model: Custom Limited Edition, Sukenari Gingami No.3 Nickel Damascus Wa Gyuto
Blade Material: Gingami No.3 Nickel Damascus
Rockwell Hardness (HRc): 62
Blade Grind and Edge Shape: Double Bevel Edge 50/50
Handle Material: Custom Hand-Made Octagonal Stabilized Maple Burl Wood Handle (Avonite Ferrule & Endcap; Nickel Silver Spacers)
Saya Included: Yes.
Wa Gyuto 240mm (9.4")
Cutting edge length: 230mm
Total Length: 395mm
Blade Thickness: 2.8mm
Blade Width: 50mm
Handle Length: 148mm
Total Weight: 272g
This knife comes with 50/50 double bevel edge geometry for both right and left handed use.
For your information, Japanese Kitchen knives are generally designed for right hand use with a slightly thicker and rounded grinding on the right side blade and a less rounded (almost straight flat) grinding on the left side blade. However, both right and left hander can use the knives that have double bevel edge sharpened 50/50 without problems.
We believe quality and performance of Japanese knives are best in the world and hope you enjoy fine craftsmanship and spirits from your new knife. With proper cares, every Japanese knives can be your special cooking partner for long time.
This is the Stainless steel blade kitchen knife, which has good rust resistance for easy maintenance. However even stainless steel blade kitchen knife has rust situation if you leave it with wet condition.
- Before starting to use the knife, please wash it with water for cleaning up.
- Please do not put this knife in the dishwasher, please hand wash.
- Please do not leave this knife in water or wet condition for long time.
- After using, please hand wash it and wipe it clean and dry with soft clothes. (Includes bolster and handle part)
- This is an extremely sharp knife. Please use special cares in using and storing it.
- Unlike German made knives, Japanese knife blades are ground to thin cutting edge for sharper cutting and easier re-sharpening. Please protect the edge from hitting hard materials to avoid chipping or cracking.
- Please do not use it to cut bone or frozen foods, hard foods such as lobster and crab which have hard surface.
- We recommend re-sharpening the knife using Japanese whetstones, when it gets dull.