This Custom Limited Edition knife was produced in Collaboration with a Custom Handle Maker, who makes beautiful "one-of-a-kind" handles.
Our JCK Original Fu-Rin-Ka-Zan brand of Japanese traditional-style knives are hand forged and hand sharpened by top-ranking forge-smiths, sharpeners and craftsmen in Sakai City, Osaka.
They take exceptional care to ensure that every single detail of their knives is correct, from the initial forging to the final sharpening, the fit and finish of these knives is outstanding.
This is the special order made Fu-Rin-Ka-Zan Limited Model and available with limited quantity. Beautiful masterpiece of Blue Steel No.1 Suminagashi Kiritsuke Yanagiba comes with a special "Custom Octagon Shaped Stabilized Hybrid Burl Wood Handle & Ferrule; (Composite Stone Collar; Corian Endcap; Nickel Silver Spacers)" and hand crafted Magnolia Wooden Handle.
This knife comes packaged in an elegant wooden presentation box that is secured with woven fabric ties / straps.
A cutting edge of high carbon Hitachi Blue Steel No.1 that is welded forged with soft iron for increased toughness and ease of re-sharpening. Blue Steel No.1 makes extra high cutting performance, edge retention and hardness.
The Kirisuke Yanagiba has a very similar blade profile to the ‘regular’ Yanagiba, but it has what is commonly known as a 'reverse tanto' tip, or ‘clipped point’, which is very useful for precision cutting. Apart from this difference, the Kirisuke Yanagiba functions in the same way as the ‘plain' Yanagiba or the Takohiki.
Knife Model: Custom Limited Edition, JCK Original Fu-Rin-Ka-Zan Limited, Blue Steel No.1 Suminagashi Kiritsuke Yanagiba
Blade Material: Blue Steel No.1 Suminagashi
Rockwell Hardness (HRc): 62 to 63
Blade Grind and Edge Shape: Single Bevel Edge
Handle Material: Custom Octagon Shaped Stabilized Hybrid Burl Wood Handle & Ferrule; (Composite Stone Collar; Corian Endcap; Nickel Silver Spacers)
Saya Included: Yes.
Kiritsuke Yanagiba 270mm (10.6")
Cutting edge length: 260mm
Blade Thickness: 4.1mm
Blade Width: 34mm
Total Weight: 235g
Japanese Traditional Style “Wa-Bocho” knives generally come with Single bevel edge for right handed use (the opposite side of blade is ground flat with slightly concaved shape). The reverse grinding left handed version is also available at 50% extra of regular price. (Sorry for much extra! Due to a small demand for the left handed version in Japan, it is costly to run a special small production from the beginning step). We try to keep the left handed versions in stock, but once sold out, it may take 30 to 45 days for delivery. Please contact us first for the availability at email.
We believe the quality and cutting performance of Japanese knives are the best in the world, and hope you enjoy fine craftsmanship and sharp edge with your new knife. With proper cares, every Japanese knife should be your special cooking partner for long times.
This is the Carbon steel blade kitchen knife that can get rust and discolor easily, and requires extra care and attention to prevent rust.
- Please do not put the knife in the dishwasher machine for cleaning.
- Please do not leave the knife in water or wet condition for long time.
- After using, please hand wash the blade, bolster and handle thoroughly, and wipe it clean and dry with soft clothes. Please apply Tsubaki oil on the blade and keep it in dry place.
- This is an extremely sharp knife. Please use special cares in using and storing it.
- Unlike German made knives, Japanese knife blades are ground to thin cutting edge for sharper cutting and easier re-sharpening. Please protect the edge from hitting hard materials to avoid chipping or cracking.
- Please do not use it to cut bone or frozen foods, any hard shell foods such as lobster and crab.
- We recommend using Japanese whetstones to re-sharpen the knife, when it gets dull.